cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

File Upload widget

jensc
17-Peridot

File Upload widget

Hello,

Is there any way to limit the number of simultaneous files uploaded in the widget properties?

I realize I could do some limitations by not using the automatic upload and counting the files using the "FileNames" propery.

However I kind of like the automatic upload feature so if possible I'd like to keep it.

Any ideas are highly welcome!

Thanks,

Jens

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Set MaxNumberOfFiles value to 1

Sathishkumar_C_0-1676347998039.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I have couple of queries here,

• simultaneous files uploaded in the widget - By multiple users or single user?
  • automatic upload feature - Do you want upload from client system (browser) to Thingworx server?

Hello,

Sorry, I was perhaps a bit unclear:

#1: It is possible to select and upload multiple files all at once:

jensc_0-1676298800732.png

Where I would like it to be limited to only one file at once.

#2: The automatic upload feature is that once you have selected one or more files (or dragged them to the widget), it will automatically start the upload to the selected repository:

jensc_1-1676298904364.png

So basically to "avoid" uploading more than one file at a time (per user), I would have to remove the possibility of automatic upload and check if there are more than one file name in: 

jensc_2-1676298982343.png

But I feel like this would confuse users as this doesn't stop them from actually selecting multiple files.

At least I haven't found any property to change it to only one file per upload, but perhaps I have just missed it.

Thanks,

Jens

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Set MaxNumberOfFiles value to 1

Sathishkumar_C_0-1676347998039.png

Top Tags