cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

FileRepositoryDownloader with Internet Explorer in 8.5.x

DanWolf
12-Amethyst

FileRepositoryDownloader with Internet Explorer in 8.5.x

Since upgrading from ThingWorx 8.3.3/Navigate 1.8 to the 8.5.x versions, we've been having problems with FileRepositoryDownloader in Internet Explorer.  I have a service that copies a PDF file into a repository and sends the URL to a WebFrame widget (bound to the WebFrame's URL).  It worked fine with all browsers in 8.3.3.  It works fine in 8.5.x with a Chrome browser, but IE and Edge display nothing in the WebFrame - the WebFrame is completely empty.

With IE, this appears in the Application log:

2020-03-06 14:09:38.249-0500 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.w.FileRepositoryDownloadHttpServlet] [I: ] [U: xxxx] [S: ] [P: ] [T: http-nio-80-exec-1010] Internal Error:
2020-03-06 14:09:38.249-0500 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.w.FileRepositoryDownloader] [I: ] [U: xxxx] [S: ] [P: ] [T: http-nio-80-exec-1010] Internal Error: java.io.IOException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

That error does not happen when using Chrome.

Has anyone else experienced this?  I have a case open with PTC right now, but just curious if someone else has come across it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Starting 8.5.x, IE browser is not supported anymore with ThingWorx and Edge needs to be at v44, because only Edge v44 + is supported.

If there is an issue with rendering data with Edge 44, then it will be investigating in the case you already open.

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

Starting 8.5.x, IE browser is not supported anymore with ThingWorx and Edge needs to be at v44, because only Edge v44 + is supported.

If there is an issue with rendering data with Edge 44, then it will be investigating in the case you already open.

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

DanWolf
12-Amethyst
(To:raluca_edu)

That probably explains it then.  Thanks!

Top Tags