cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Filtering Data in an InfoTable for display on a Time Series chart

lorenmc
1-Newbie

Filtering Data in an InfoTable for display on a Time Series chart

I have a service which returns an InfoTable with 3 columns, X data, Y data, and a column I want to filter the data on.  I want to display the XY data on a time series chart based on a value that appears in the 3rd column.  Is it best to use the Data Filter widget for this?

If so I'm not sure what to bind to the Query property of the Data Filter widget.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:lorenmc)

Hi Loren,

The Data Filter widget has an output of type QUERY, which you can use as an input to your Service. You'll need to modify your +Service +to use this input. There is an InfoTableFunction called +Query() +(available from the "Snippets" tab), which takes an info table and query as a parameter. This will allow you to filter your info table.

Keep in mind, you'll need to bind data into the Data Filter widget for it to know which fields it can use to construct your query.

Thanks,

Adam

lorenmc
1-Newbie
(To:adam11)

If I want to create a seperate service to actually do the query, how do I tie the InfoTable output of the first service to the InfoTable input of the service that will perform the query?  Do I need to create an InfoTable property for my Thing?

Sorry for the probably obvious question :)

adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:lorenmc)

You'll do that from the Mashup Builder by binding the output (All Data) from your first Service to the input of your query Service.

Top Tags