cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Finding Ghost Entities

alexe1
1-Newbie

Finding Ghost Entities

In trying to implement the service for detecting ghost entities explained in support case CS232999 I found the example service backward from my own experience. Ghost entities appear in the REST call response, but not the spotlight search, the reverse of the basis for the example code.

ThWx people, unless I'm missing something, please correct the code in the support document so others aren't confused. I wrote mine in Java for an extension package, otherwise I would just give you mine.

9 REPLIES 9
davel
1-Newbie
(To:alexe1)

Yes, the support case tells the issue backwards. I'll see if I can get it corrected. We have added an optional extension to view and remove ghost Entities titled GhostEntities_ExtensionPackage, which installs a new Resource, GhostEntitiesResource, with a service GetGhostEntities that you can use to view an delete ghosts. It should be available in the latest extensions of Thingworx 6.5 and up.

alexe1
1-Newbie
(To:davel)

Great, thanks much Dave. Interesting about the Ghost Entities Extension Package. I can't seem to trace that down, is that available from the Marketplace?

davel
1-Newbie

No, it is not available on Marketplace. I believe that it may be posted on a support site (TBD), and should be part of the Extension Packages for the latest service pack releases.

davel
1-Newbie

I did see that it is include in the Thingworx-ExtensionPackages for 6.5.16.

alexe1
1-Newbie

Sorry Dave, I'm having trouble finding the same information. I'm not sure what Extension Packages you are referencing.

As far as I understand, the downloads for the service pack releases are simply the blank platform, no extensions included. The only extension package downloads I believe I have access to are the ones listed in the Marketplace. Do you have a link or something I can look at, just to help me understand where the disconnect is?

Thanks,

Alex

davel
1-Newbie

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately, I'm a developer, so I don't know too much about where customer downloads are. I've asked some tech support people to respond to your question about where stuff is.

Dave

mhollenbach
5-Regular Member

Alex,

I'm looking into where you can download this from. Once the Marketplace team contacts me back I will hopefully be able to provide further details on what's going on with that extension.

Meghan

Aha! Just found them downloadable from a support case. I must've missed that before. Its case CS198580.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Thanks for linking the article, Alex! I'll go through the content as well.

Top Tags