cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Form Login Error Message

byutz
1-Newbie

Form Login Error Message

Hello All,

We are having an issue with using the form login feature.  We keep getting this error:

HTTP Status 404 - /Thingworx/action-login

We have created a new organization, set the home mashup,  and the user we are logging in with has admin permissions.  We have also tried using the Everyone organization and still get the same result.  This is in Thingworx 7.0.  Has anyone encountered this?  I have done this before with 6.5  and had no issues, but maybe something has changed with the new version? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
brue
1-Newbie
(To:byutz)

I'll see if I can reproduce it too.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Brian, is there a Connection Server in use? Are you trying to login through - http://connection-server-ip/Thingworx/FormLogin/Name_of_Org?

byutz
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Aanjan, there is a connection server in use!  This is a PTC hosted production instance(its not "Production" yet of course).  Is there an easy way to find out the IP address of the connection server so that I can try it?  Or do I just need to contact cloud services? Thanks everyone for the help!

Aanjan
9-Granite

Yes, you might want to contact cloud services regarding that. The ip address you are connecting now is to a  Connection Server and not to the Platform! The Connection Server is not forwarding user logins (as the intended purpose was for devices), so that's why the login page gets stuck at action-login because the next step is to forward that to the Thingworx/Composer page (or your custom Mashup page). I believe this is being worked on internally as well, but a quick fix in your case would be to remove the Connection Server, or connect to your Platform directly.

Hi Aanjan Ravi,

We have migrated to 7.4 and trying to access Form login as  http://localhost:<port>/Thingworx/FormLogin/Name_of_Org?. We have no connection server in our machine. but getting same error as above (HTTP Status 404 - - /Thingworx/action-login) The same setup was working in 7.1.

Also we are able to open up the mashup given in organization with same credentials .Can you please provide any pointers that can help?

Top Tags