cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Get Thing Template implemented Thingshapes service

khayes1
13-Aquamarine

Get Thing Template implemented Thingshapes service

Hi,

is there a service that will return a list of thingshapes implemented by a thing template (or thing derived from the thing template). Thought there would be as they are displayed in the composer, but can't find it.

Also looking for a service similar to GetServiceDefinitions() that will return the 'Category' parameter. That way I can filter the results so that I don't get all the services inherited from the base templates.

Thanks in advance.

K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mnarang
17-Peridot
(To:khayes1)

// result: INFOTABLE dataShape: "EntityList"
var result = me.GetImplementedShapes();

GetImplementedShapes will give you the list of implemented shapes on entity .

There is one more for getting the implemented ThingTemplate 

var result = me.GetThingTemplate(); 

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mnarang
17-Peridot
(To:khayes1)

// result: INFOTABLE dataShape: "EntityList"
var result = me.GetImplementedShapes();

GetImplementedShapes will give you the list of implemented shapes on entity .

There is one more for getting the implemented ThingTemplate 

var result = me.GetThingTemplate(); 

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang 

khayes1
13-Aquamarine
(To:mnarang)

Hi Mukul,

thanks for that, it is what I was looking for.

K

For the GetServiceDefinitions question it doesn't returns the Category, but you can filter by Category listing only the ones of the given Category ( if you know it in advance ).

khayes1
13-Aquamarine
(To:CarlesColl)

Hi Carles,

thanks for the reply. Basically I am trying to get the service definitions of the services I personally added to a thing template. I don't want those that are inherited. Unfortunately I didn't add a category string when I created them. If I call the service without a category filter I get all the services (including the inherited ones). Is there a quick filter I can use in the category field or will I have to go through each service I wrote and add a category string first?

Thanks again,

K

Hello K,

If it are few services, just go and change the category with the composer, should be a moment. Otherwise you can export ThingTemplate for Source Control and search and remplace category="" to category="yourDesiredCategory" and import back.

Regards,

Carles.

khayes1
13-Aquamarine
(To:CarlesColl)

Thank you, very helpful.

K

Top Tags