cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Get parent service thingname from called service

MF_10165907
4-Participant

Get parent service thingname from called service

Hello, 

I am trying to get the thingname of the a service that called another service. Suppose we have a service called ServiceA that can call a ServiceB in Thing1, and a ServiceC is also able to call this ServiceB in Thing2. Suppose service3 is in a Thing3. I want to know if there is a way to trace what thing called ServiceB. Is this possible?

I'm in Thwx 9.5

3 REPLIES 3
CharlesJi
14-Alexandrite
(To:MF_10165907)

Hi @MF_10165907, once you enabled the Enable Referenced By flag under the configuration of the RelationshipSubsystem, you may find the reference list of any specific Thing under ViewRelationships > Referenced By.

CharlesJi_0-1715219043631.png

In your case, you can view the reference list from the Thing where ServiceB is located.

MF_10165907
4-Participant
(To:CharlesJi)

I actually meant like the whole path of things called which services. 

Not as far as I know, but you should be aware that in case script stacktracing is active in the LoggingSubsystem, you'll see in the ScriptErrorLog.log the complete stacktrace in case of an error and that includes the whole calling chain.

That does not help in the vast majority of cases when you don't have errors, but it's still good to be known.

I'm assuming you want to understand how a specific application was built, right?

Announcements

Top Tags