cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Getting Windchill Error HTTP 403 when trying to hit a Windchill Rest URL through Windchill Connector Thing in Thingworx

pkumar-71
3-Visitor

Getting Windchill Error HTTP 403 when trying to hit a Windchill Rest URL through Windchill Connector Thing in Thingworx

Hi

I am using Windchill Connector Thing and trying to hit a Windchill REST API url through a service from that Thing. I am getting a error message as "Client Not Trusted; Cause: JSON Server error HTTP 403".

Do I need to make any specific configuration changes on both Thingworx and Windchill Servers.

Thanks

Prasoon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Prasoon Kumar,

I had the same issue when I tried accessing windchill on different host. So I added my TWX host to the Windchill one by running the below give command in windchill shell

xconfmanager -s "wt.auth.trustedHosts=<give your host ip address here>" -t codebase/wt.properties -p

Thanks and Regards,

Saran

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Error "Client Not Trusted; Cause: JSON Server error HTTP 403" is most  likely due to the fact that trust relationship between TWX and Windchill servers was not setup correctly. Trust can be established using either user name and password or secure keys.

I am not sure what is your service implementation but take a look at the ContentLoaderFunctions in ThingWorx for examples on how to make a REST call from TWX. Make sure to pass proper authorization parameters to authenticate the request. If you still get an error take a look at Windchill method server and apache access logs for clues why the request failed.

Hi Prasoon Kumar,

I had the same issue when I tried accessing windchill on different host. So I added my TWX host to the Windchill one by running the below give command in windchill shell

xconfmanager -s "wt.auth.trustedHosts=<give your host ip address here>" -t codebase/wt.properties -p

Thanks and Regards,

Saran

Top Tags