cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Getting an error for type cast while call sql query, could you please help on type casting?

SA_10100358
7-Bedrock

Getting an error for type cast while call sql query, could you please help on type casting?

Unable to Invoke Service <service name>on <Thing Name>: Execute Query failed: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: procedure public.<stored procedure name>(character varying, character varying, bigint, bigint, character varying, character varying, double precision, double precision, character varying, double precision, double precision, character varying, double precision, bigint, bigint, double precision, bigint, bigint, bigint, character varying, character varying, character varying, character varying, character varying, character varying, character varying, bigint, character varying, integer) does not exist Hint: No procedure matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts. Position: 6

3 REPLIES 3

I tested my stored procedure on the database it's worked, but when calling the stored procedure from thingworx service I used base type accordingly expected from the stored procedure but still shows the error.  Does anybody helps with this error of typecasting. ?

There is such an article here - "Execute Query failed: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: canceling statement due to user request in ThingWorx": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS345780 

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:SA_10100358)

Hi @SA_10100358.

Based on this part of the error "No procedure matches the given name and argument types", here as some possibilities that we can think of:

lack of permissions

typo somewhere

possibly you're not sending the correct number of parameters expected

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags