cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Getting error message when setting "MashupName" property dynamically for Navigation widget, but the URL works fine when paste directly to the the address bar. Any idea?

hrastogi
1-Newbie

Getting error message when setting "MashupName" property dynamically for Navigation widget, but the URL works fine when paste directly to the the address bar. Any idea?

I am getting error message when setting "MashupName" property dynamically for Navigation widget, but the URL works fine when paste directly to the the address bar.

This link works fine using browser address bar:

"<server_name>/Thingworx/Runtime/index.html?key=9Uvv.Qc4hJrJ4d041Pl8mQjd2m..2e3iil4nQjjr53Ve3.2088u.ei-5Ma11r1i#master=Solar.Windchill.MasterMashup.PSECycleTime.FM&mashup=Solar.Windchill.Mashup.PSECycleTime.FM"

but I get error message using Navigation widget when I setup the "MashupName" property dynamically using a service (please see attached image for connections:

Status Message

Dismiss

Could not load "<server_name>/Thingworx/Runtime/index.html?key=9Uvv.Qc4hJrJ4d041Pl8mQjd2m..2e3iil4nQjjr53Ve3.2088u.ei-5Ma11r1i#master=Solar.Windchill.MasterMashup.PSECycleTime.FM&mashup=Solar.Windchill.Mashup.PSECycleTime.FM". Reason: 404 - Entity Not Found : [http:]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:hrastogi)

Attached is a basic example on passing the mashupname to the navigation widget. Import the entities and view the mashup "DynamicNamePass"

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
posipova
20-Turquoise

What is your Thingworx platform version?  I will reproduce and update this thread with the results.

Hello Hemant,

Did you put the link directly to the Mashup in the MashupName field? It seems that it receives a URL as the input.

Actually you should send the entity name in the composer to the property, in this case it might be "Solar.Windchill.Mashup.PSECycleTime.FM"

Following that, if you want to dynamically direct to a Mashup, either put the URL dynamically to a Link widget, or use a similar service to assign MashupName property dynamically to Navigation widget.

Thanks. It did work, but I have to pass a parameter to the target mashup too. Please let me know how can it be done as I can not use "..&parameter=value" in the mashupname.

Regards,

Hemant

posipova
20-Turquoise

That would have to pass as a url which is not part of the out of the box available features -- you may look into widget modification/development though. attaching the documents on custom extensibility

Can I use Session variable to pass the parameter? Also, let me know how I can access the session variable in a service.

posipova
20-Turquoise

You can add a ThingShape with required properties (parameters) to the UserManagement Subsystem which then will be accessible through the mashup session

posipova
20-Turquoise

Attached is a basic example on passing the mashupname to the navigation widget. Import the entities and view the mashup "DynamicNamePass"

Thanks. I will look into it.

Top Tags