cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Getting error "java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: timeout waiting for websocket handshake to complete"

mdhakeph
1-Newbie

Getting error "java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: timeout waiting for websocket handshake to complete"

I am using Thingworx Java edge SDK inside my application, and through my application I am trying to connect to ThingWorx server, but I am getting following exception, any idea about this exception ?

2015-12-17 04:02:39,691 ERROR [Client-EndpointMonitor-1] com.thingworx.communications.client.endpoints.ClientCommunicationEndpoint admin - Refilling connections on [endpoint 0, uri: ws://165.0.0.8:80/Thingworx/WS] failed : timeout waiting for websocket handshake to complete

2015-12-17 04:02:39,693 ERROR [Client-EndpointMonitor-1] com.thingworx.communications.client.endpoints.ClientCommunicationEndpoint admin - Exception refilling connections was:

java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: timeout waiting for websocket handshake to complete

at com.thingworx.communications.client.connection.netty.NettyClientConnectionFactory$HandshakeCompletionNotifier.await(NettyClientConnectionFactory.java:563)

at com.thingworx.communications.client.connection.netty.NettyClientConnectionFactory.createConnection(NettyClientConnectionFactory.java:309)

at com.thingworx.communications.client.endpoints.ClientCommunicationEndpoint.refillConnections(ClientCommunicationEndpoint.java:225)

at com.thingworx.communications.common.endpoints.monitor.ConnectivityMonitorTask.dutyCycleOn(ConnectivityMonitorTask.java:150)

at com.thingworx.communications.common.endpoints.monitor.ConnectivityMonitorTask.run(ConnectivityMonitorTask.java:264)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Thanks!

Meghana

1 REPLY 1
billrei
5-Regular Member
(To:mdhakeph)

You have connected to the server but you are failing up upgrade your connection from http to websocket protocols. This can often be caused by a proxy between you and your sever that intercepts but does not understand the upgrade request. You should either contact your IT support or investigate what devices stand between you and your ThingWorx server.

Top Tags