cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Getting "502 Bad Gateway nginx" error while accessing https://servername/Thingworx/WS

RK_10356304
5-Regular Member

Getting "502 Bad Gateway nginx" error while accessing https://servername/Thingworx/WS

Hi Team,

Please help on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9

@RK_10356304 ,

Can you give us a little context on how and where you're trying to access this?  Is it for a TWx SDK? EMS? Other?

Nick

RK_10356304
5-Regular Member
(To:nmilleson)

@nmilleson 

The data is flowing from AWS kinesis stream to ThingWorx 9.3.3 via WebSocket Protocol.

@RK_10356304 ,

I'm not very familiar with Kinesis streams.  Are you subscribing to that stream somewhere and then sending to ThingWorx?  Typically when I have to connect to the ThingWorx websocket, the address is formatted as wss://servername/Thingworx/WS

-Nick

RK_10356304
5-Regular Member

@nmilleson What configuration needs to be done on ThingWorx Composer side for setting up the websocket connection?

@RK_10356304 ,

ThingWorx is already set up to accept web socket connections.  However, I've only interacted with it using either the SDKs that are available in different programming languages, the WS EMS (which uses lua scripting), and KepServer.  You may want to check out the SDKs here to get a better idea of how to set up the ws connection to ThingWorx.

-Nick

RK_10356304
5-Regular Member

@nmilleson  How to verify on ThingWorx composer side that whether our Websocket connection is working fine i.e. successful or not?

@RK_10356304 ,

If you go to Monitoring and click on Remote Things, you can view the unbound and bound remote things and their respective connection statuses.

-Nick

Jimwang
14-Alexandrite
(To:RK_10356304)

You can use postman tool or the extension of Chrome "Websocket Test Client" to verify the websocket connection

This issue might occur due to Thingowrx SSL .jks file is misplaced. Please restore the .jks file on original location or configure the .jks file path in server configuration side.

Thanks!

Top Tags