cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Google Maps Widget Default Marker Style

drieder
15-Moonstone

Google Maps Widget Default Marker Style

Hello everyone,

I would like to prevent the Marker Image from changing when e.g Selecting a marker.

In my case I have multiple different Objects with different avatars/markers on my map. And I would like to make them selectable. But as far as I see, the "selected Marker" style is used when I select an Object. But I would like to keep the appearance of the Object.

Also when removing the selected Marker style it still uses the default blue marker when selecting an object.

Any Ideas how to solve that problem?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Dominik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:drieder)

This has been an issue with the Google Map widget for a long time, I am not skilled enough to be able to exactly give you a resolution.

first thought is a custom widget (and I think there might be a way to turn ability to select off, but you seem to want to be able to select still)

Not sure if it is possible by overwriting the CSS otherwise.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

This has been an issue with the Google Map widget for a long time, I am not skilled enough to be able to exactly give you a resolution.

first thought is a custom widget (and I think there might be a way to turn ability to select off, but you seem to want to be able to select still)

Not sure if it is possible by overwriting the CSS otherwise.

drieder
15-Moonstone
(To:PaiChung)

That is unfortunate :( 

Another option would be to define a selection marker for each object, but it seems you can only define one selection marker for the whole widget

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @drieder.

If the response provided by @PaiChung answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags