cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Google Maps Widget bug using Master

ashleyg
1-Newbie

Google Maps Widget bug using Master

Hi All,

I believe I have found a bug with the Google Maps widget but didn't want to log a case with PTC in case somebody had a solution?

It appears when using a Google Maps widget inside a contained mashup (in my case the contained mashup of a Master) the widget appears to be distorted as below:

Google Maps Widget Screenshot.jpg

Note: The above example uses geofencing which currently only has ONE region created. I am also using ThingWorx 7.1

The widget content should fill the whole space but instead just a square in the corner.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:ashleyg)

Ashley, are you using any tabs or a popup as well? I tried reproducing on my end with the map on a Contained Mashup, and it rendered correctly. What browser are you using? I tried mine on Firefox; so if you didn't try it on Firefox, can you possibly give it a shot there?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ttielebein
12-Amethyst

What kind of display settings are being used on this mashup (with the Google Maps widget)? Is a size specified? Is it static or responsive?

I do not seem to see this issue with the Maps widget, but I am not using any kind of geofencing on mine, so that may be directly related.

Hi Tori,

It is responsive however it appears launching in Firefox works but Chrome does not, rather inconvenient.

Thanks

Ashley

Aanjan
9-Granite

Ashley, are you using any tabs or a popup as well? I tried reproducing on my end with the map on a Contained Mashup, and it rendered correctly. What browser are you using? I tried mine on Firefox; so if you didn't try it on Firefox, can you possibly give it a shot there?

ashleyg
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Hi Aanjan,

It appears that launching the Mashup on Firefox fixes this problem, although it isn't idea, any idea why this is the case? Is there anything I can do to get it to work in Chrome?

Thanks

Ashley

Top Tags