cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Google Maps adding API key in version 3.0.3

jbester
13-Aquamarine

Google Maps adding API key in version 3.0.3

Good day All,

I am having some difficulties getting the new version of the Google Maps Extension to work with a Google API key. I have followed the steps in the supporting documentation but I am clearly missing something.

I have created the API key, downloaded the extension from the marketplace and saved to a directory. When I execute the GetGoogleMapConnectionString I get this result:

google maps message.png

And when I run the SetGoogleMapConnectionString I get the following error message:

"Unable to Invoke Service SetGoogleMapsConnectionString on PlatformSubsystem : Table [PlatformInformation] does not have a field named [googleMapsConnectionString]".

Any advice to what step I am missing?

Kind regards,

Johan Bester

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Instead of executing the services you mentioned, I find it easier to modify the parameters in the Subsystem section of ThingWorx. There are directions that cover this method here:

https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/google-map-widget-how/configure-google-maps-widget-extension

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Instead of executing the services you mentioned, I find it easier to modify the parameters in the Subsystem section of ThingWorx. There are directions that cover this method here:

https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/google-map-widget-how/configure-google-maps-widget-extension

jbester
13-Aquamarine
(To:Rick-Stanley)

Hi @Rick-Stanley ,

Thank you for your reply. It seems like the version of Thingworx I am running (8.3.4) does not have the property "Required string to connect with Google for Google widgets" in the PlatformSubsystem. I am assuming then that Google Maps version 3.0.3 would not work, as documented, on Thingworx 8.3.3+?

Should I revert back to version 3.0.1?

Thanks for the assist.

Top Tags