cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

GoogleMaps Widget problem

gledesvicenzi
5-Regular Member

GoogleMaps Widget problem

Hey guys,

I've been trying to use the GoogleMaps Widgets to develop an application but an error always appears whenever I try to view the mashup I created with the googlemap widget. I have the API key an already followed the steps to activate it. The message that appears is "This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details." So when I see the log, it show this error: "ERROR - series cleanup error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'hide' of undefined". Could someone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello again Taciano,

Thank you for detailing how you applied the API Key.

Have you attempted the method outlined in the aforementioned article? I.e. modifying the metadata.xml file prior to import?

Alternatively, the method outlined here looks like it is also worth a try. This involves a similar process to what you described but instead of running a service you set a configuration value on the PlatformSubsystem.

Regards,

Tyler Misner

ThingWorx Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello tacianodiphyc,

Thank you for reaching out on the ThingWorx Developer Community.

Can you first please confirm the steps you followed to deploy the API Key? I found this article which describes the process further.

Please also provide the version of ThingWorx and Google Maps Widget version so I can attempt to reproduce this internally.

Regards,

Tyler Misner

gledesvicenzi
5-Regular Member
(To:tmisner)

Hello Tyler,

I saw this article and searched a lot about this matter. I got the API from Google, then I went to Subsystems > PlatformSubsystem > Services > SetGoogleMapsConnectionString service and entered my API Key, but it still didn't work. My Thingworx version is 8.4 and I tried using both of the available GoogleMaps Extensions, these were the steps I followed to activate the GoogleMaps 3.0.3. 

Thank you for helping,

Taciano Scur

Diphyc Ltda

Hello again Taciano,

Thank you for detailing how you applied the API Key.

Have you attempted the method outlined in the aforementioned article? I.e. modifying the metadata.xml file prior to import?

Alternatively, the method outlined here looks like it is also worth a try. This involves a similar process to what you described but instead of running a service you set a configuration value on the PlatformSubsystem.

Regards,

Tyler Misner

gledesvicenzi
5-Regular Member
(To:tmisner)

The problem is that when I typed my API in the PlatformSubsystem configuration I entered it with the "<>" https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=<Your API key>, so it couldn't connect to my API Key.

You were very helpful.

Thank you, Tyler! If you could see the other article I posted, I have some questions about the GoogleMaps Extension, I could really use your help.

Regards,

Taciano Scur

Diphyc Ltda

Top Tags