cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Grid Advanced widget loses configuration when the service that populates it gets called again

MP_10287512
6-Contributor

Grid Advanced widget loses configuration when the service that populates it gets called again

Hello,

I have a mashup consisting of a drop down menu, a date picker, a collection widget that fetches two different mashups with line and bar charts, and finally a grid advanced widget that is populated with the same values that those charts show.

When I select the first item from the drop down menu (first time I choose an item, not the first item in the list), or when I change the date, the values and the fields of the grid are populated correctly. However, when I change the item in the drop down after that first time, the configuration of the grid is lost. The field names of the grid stay the same as the previous selection and the values, although correct, are placed in the wrong columns. I've attached an example of this issue.

I initially did not have a specific configuration string on the grid but even after creating one the error stays the same.

What could be causing this issue?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MP_10287512
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley 

Thank you so much. However, thankfully, I found the solution. Instead of calling the config file creator at the same time as the service that populates the grid, I added the "ServiceInvokeCompleted" function between the two services and that fixed it.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Manuel

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:MP_10287512)

Hi @MP_10287512 

It may be best to open a case for this.  I will be happy to open one on your behalf if you would like.

Aside from the case, you could try using the browser Dev Tools (F12) to troubleshoot the problem.

Regards.

--Sharon

MP_10287512
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley 

Thank you so much. However, thankfully, I found the solution. Instead of calling the config file creator at the same time as the service that populates the grid, I added the "ServiceInvokeCompleted" function between the two services and that fixed it.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Manuel

Top Tags