cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Grid Level Filter

shahnazkn
4-Participant

Grid Level Filter

Hi,

I'm currently involved in a project which requires grid-level filtering.

i.e. I should make the first row in the grid editable and filter the column with respect to the edited text.

I request for a solution and thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shahnaz Kn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:shahnazkn)

Hi @shahnazkn.

Out of the box, you can enable the search capability (EnableGridSearch) in the Advanced Grid widget, but not filter.  Another option is to use the Data Filter widget, which will allow you to visually build queries to apply to your data source.

You may also want to submit your request on the ThingWorx Ideas page to allow others to vote on it.  This will increase the possibility that it may be considered for a future release.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @shahnazkn.

Out of the box, you can enable the search capability (EnableGridSearch) in the Advanced Grid widget, but not filter.  Another option is to use the Data Filter widget, which will allow you to visually build queries to apply to your data source.

You may also want to submit your request on the ThingWorx Ideas page to allow others to vote on it.  This will increase the possibility that it may be considered for a future release.

Regards.

--Sharon

shahnazkn
4-Participant
(To:slangley)

Thank you, @slangley 

I have already enabled the 'EnableGridSearch' but its not working properly and I will look onto the Data Filter widget.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @shahnazkn.

Is the Data Filter widget working to address your needs?  If so, please mark my previous response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags