cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Grid table colour change based on date

Keerthivarman
13-Aquamarine

Grid table colour change based on date

Hi,

Need to know how to change the colour of the grid row based on the date.

I can change the colour based on string/Numeric.

SCOTT20_0-1667564243005.png

Thanks in advance

Keerthivarman

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So one of the issues with doing the formatting based on date is that dates are always changing including the comparison start date.  There is a need to get the data in a start of semi fixed values so the state based formatter can work.  For the example below I query my fridge for the fridge temperature history, which gives me the results( id, timestamp, value ).  Then add a new column called "DateDiff" which just so happens to match my return data shape named "FridgeTempHistoryWithDateOffset".   Then loop through the results comparing the dates of the property history to now.  This will give the comparison value to use in state based formatting.

// result: INFOTABLE dataShape: "NumberValueStream"
result = Things["TestFridge2"].QueryNumberPropertyHistory({
	oldestFirst: false, maxItems: 100, propertyName: "fridgeTemp",});

// add date diff column
result.AddField( { name: "DateDiff", baseType: 'NUMBER'} );

let dNow = new Date();

// only done for illustration purposes.
result.rows[0].timestamp = dNow;
result.rows[1].timestamp = dNow - ( 1000 * 3600 * 24 );

result.rows.toArray().forEach( row => {
    row.DateDiff = ( dNow.getTime() - row.timestamp )/( 1000 * 3600 * 24 );
});

Since in theory I am not interested in the DateDiff column in my display I remove it from showing in the grid but still use the value for formatting.  Using the results from the above service, I can get the attached output.  Not the grid on the right shows DateDiff just for visual reference.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Assuming you are wanting to color code records that are older the X days one color and older than Y days a different color you could do the following.

• Add a column to the returned data shape -> DateOlderThan
  • In the service that generates the infotable
    • Loop through the records before returning
    • Set the DateOlderThan to a numeric value ( date difference )
  • In The Grid
    • Hide the DateOlderThan Column
  • Use the same State Formatting Logic

Hi,

Can you elaborate it please. I couldn't understand it.

thanks

So one of the issues with doing the formatting based on date is that dates are always changing including the comparison start date.  There is a need to get the data in a start of semi fixed values so the state based formatter can work.  For the example below I query my fridge for the fridge temperature history, which gives me the results( id, timestamp, value ).  Then add a new column called "DateDiff" which just so happens to match my return data shape named "FridgeTempHistoryWithDateOffset".   Then loop through the results comparing the dates of the property history to now.  This will give the comparison value to use in state based formatting.

// result: INFOTABLE dataShape: "NumberValueStream"
result = Things["TestFridge2"].QueryNumberPropertyHistory({
	oldestFirst: false, maxItems: 100, propertyName: "fridgeTemp",});

// add date diff column
result.AddField( { name: "DateDiff", baseType: 'NUMBER'} );

let dNow = new Date();

// only done for illustration purposes.
result.rows[0].timestamp = dNow;
result.rows[1].timestamp = dNow - ( 1000 * 3600 * 24 );

result.rows.toArray().forEach( row => {
    row.DateDiff = ( dNow.getTime() - row.timestamp )/( 1000 * 3600 * 24 );
});

Since in theory I am not interested in the DateDiff column in my display I remove it from showing in the grid but still use the value for formatting.  Using the results from the above service, I can get the attached output.  Not the grid on the right shows DateDiff just for visual reference.

Thanks,

Announcements

Top Tags