cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Gridadvanced sorting property not working

aovalle
4-Participant

Gridadvanced sorting property not working

Hi, 

I am currently working with gridadvance widget (8.1 TW version), and I want to being able to sort each column.

I defined my datashape, bind my data into the grid, etc. But when I go under my widget's properties, I select EnableSorting and run it.

Unfortunately when I try to sort the column (number type), the table header shows me that its trying to sort (triangles are showed), but the the rows does not get sort.

Am I skipping any step or there is a problem with this widget? 

I appreciate any help

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
vangne
16-Pearl
(To:aovalle)

@aovalle 

1. Are you seeing any errors in the logs?

2. Also, can you please provide a sample screenshot to get more idea of this issue?

3. What version of Advanced Grid Extension are you using? You can see this in the ThingWorx Composer, in the Import/Export menu, click on Manage Extensions and search for the extension in the list

Thanks,

Vibhuti

aovalle
4-Participant
(To:vangne)

Hi Vibhuti,

1. I checked my logs and there is not issue
  2. Attached: 
    • The grid during running time and after click the column header to trigger sort
    • Properties of grid: 'EnableSorting' selected
  3. Advance Grid Widget, Package Version 4.2.0

TW AdvanceGrid Consult 1.PNGTW AdvanceGrid Consult 2.PNG

Hi Aovalle,

The filtering of an advanced Advanced Grid column is not done on the client (unlike the out of the box Grid widget)
You have to query again the data using the QueryFilter property that is build when you click on a column header.

See Advanced Grid Widgets Extension guide -  Implement Filtering

Top Tags