cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

HTTP integration from The Thing Network to ThingWorx

Vikram
4-Participant

HTTP integration from The Thing Network to ThingWorx

I am not able to establish an HTTP integration from The Thing Network to ThingWorx and therefore not able to view the data coming from The Thing Network in ThingWorx mashup. Though when I am hitting the url via postman, I am able to see the changes in mashup.

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Vikram)

Hi @Vikram.

Was this working before or is it a new setup?  The logs may provide some guidance if it is permissions related, etc.  If you're using an Auth key for connectivity, have you checked to make sure it hasn't expired?

It could also be network related--possibly the traffic isn't being allowed through.

To assist further, we would need more information regarding your configuration as well as the logs for review.

Regards.

--Sharon

Vikram
4-Participant
(To:slangley)

sss.png

I am trying to hit the highlighted URL in The Things Network and it is not giving any response or maybe not getting hit. However, when I try to hit from postman, it is getting hit.

ssss.png 

Can you help me on how to do so? I would even appreciate if we can have a call.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Vikram)

Hi @Vikram.

I would try testing from the local machine and see if it works that way.  If it does, move to another machine on the network and test it.  If this fails, I would then try turning off your ThingWorx server firewall to see if it works that way.  If it does, you can turn the server firewall back on and add a port exception to allow the traffic through.   Continue testing in this manner until you identify where the blocking is occurring.

It's also a good idea to check the logs at \ThingworxStorage\logs each time your testing fails in order to determine more regarding the failure:  Is it hitting the server and failing or is it not hitting the server?

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @Vikram.

If you have resolved your issue, it would be appreciated if you would post the solution and mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags