cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Highlight Keyword in Tree Grid Advanced

dipanjandas1
5-Regular Member

Highlight Keyword in Tree Grid Advanced

Is there any way to search & highlight a particular keyword from Tree without hampering the existing structure already shown in the Tree?
This is helpful while handling large data in the table and possible in Windchill.

Also, is cell text wrapping possible in any of the Tree table widgets?

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:dipanjandas1)

Could do it with state based formatting I think.

Remember you can generate a separate column of information to drive the state based formatting

dipanjandas1
5-Regular Member
(To:PaiChung)

Thank you Pai for the response.

State based formatting may not work in my case where a part structure is involved and I want to look for a particular part without hampering the current tree view. Like if we can utilize the built-in 'Search' field in Tree Grid Advanced.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:dipanjandas1)

Understandable, I wasn't sure how dynamic this had to be, but in my mind I was thinking you would generate an extra column with a number and based on perhaps a parameter, it will evaluate the items in the infotable and add a 1 2 3 based on the information present.

then rendered in the tree based on 0-5 it will have different formatting, you could use this to do grouping within a group, highlight the use of the same part in different tree nodes etc.

Top Tags