cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How can I monitor a user's idle session

Timo697
12-Amethyst

How can I monitor a user's idle session

I would like to monitor a user's idle time.  That way, I can logout a user just prior to the normal session timeout and navigate the user back to the FormLogin page of the user's organization.

Thanks,

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Timo697)

Hi @Timo697.

The time a session goes idle is not exposed, therefore it is not possible to know when the session will timeout.  It may be possible to do something with custom authenticators but we would not be able to guide you given it would be custom.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Timo697.

The time a session goes idle is not exposed, therefore it is not possible to know when the session will timeout.  It may be possible to do something with custom authenticators but we would not be able to guide you given it would be custom.

Regards.

--Sharon

Timo697
12-Amethyst
(To:slangley)

Thank you for responding Sharon.

Does the service "Resources["CurrentSessionInfo"].GetActiveUsers()" indicate if a user's session timed out?  If so, would I be able to navigate them to the FormLogin page?

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Timo697.

This service only shows active users and the last time they logged in.  The last login date/time could be several hours old if the user has been active for a while. Once they get timed out, they disappear from the screen.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags