cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How do I open an Internet Explorer tab on a Mashup in Google Chrome?

srajan-2
1-Newbie

How do I open an Internet Explorer tab on a Mashup in Google Chrome?

Hey guys,

A mashup in Google Chrome needs a widget button that launches a website in Internet Explorer. How do you implement the Internet Explorer extension to make this possible?

Thanks in advance for the help!

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Shreeyeh,

Just to confirm - you're trying to force a user to open a link in IE, independent of the browser they are using to view the mashup (in your example, Chrome)?

I don't think that this is possible - given that the browser choice is set at the OS. Also, what if your users don't have IE installed? Or they are on a Mac, *nix, etc?

Perhaps if you can give more reason as to why you would like to do that, I could help advise a better solution?

Regards,
James

Cryptosoft Ltd

Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:srajan-2)

Like James said, that is not possible, unless you want to emulate IE through Chrome. Is there a reason why you want to open that website specifically in IE?

jmedina1
5-Regular Member
(To:srajan-2)

I have the same issue. and my reason is Active-X. I need to show some reports in SSRS that uses the SSRS Active-X control to print the report. However, Google Chrome does not support Active-X and the WebFrame Widget is generic. If I could have a WebFrame Widget that emulates specifically IE, it should work.

Top Tags