cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How do you import data from an .xls spreadsheet?

TricoSupport
7-Bedrock

How do you import data from an .xls spreadsheet?

I have converted an xls spreadsheet to xml by mapping the fields.  When I go to import using the Import from file dialog I get the following error "Error importing: error, XML Data Import Not Supported".  The version of Thingworx is ThingWorx 5.1.0.433.

3 REPLIES 3

Justin, how are you trying to import the XML file? The Import/ Export menu available at the top are for Entities/ Data and Extensions only. If you are looking to load data from an XML, you can use (or create a new service based on) some of the services like LoadXML available under Resources -> ContentLoaderFunctions. If you have a csv file, you can use the CSV Parser Extension available in the Marketplace.

I would like to load data into a data table from an .xls spreadsheet.

Justin Kolterman | Product Development

Trico Corporation

P: 262-691-1440

www.tricocorp.com<http://www.tricocorp.com/>

Mission: Protect and extend the life of critical equipment

I havent tried loading an xls file yet. You would have to have a extension written to load up each row to the DataTable. But, to make it go easier, if you can save the xls file as a csv, you can use the csv parser extension. That has a method to read the csv file. You can create a Datashape that matches the coloum of your csv file and use AddDataTableEntries service of the data table and small for loop to go through the rows to add.

Announcements

Top Tags