cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How print a mashup with a grid ?

iguerra
14-Alexandrite

How print a mashup with a grid ?

Hello

I have a responsive mashup with a Grid showing a list of "events". The grid has many records, and it is needed to scroll to show them ...

I need to print the whole grid in multiple A4 pages, how can I do ?

By calling the javascript function document.print (through the link widget) will open the browser print wizard but it print only the "visible" grid on the mashup, and not all the records ... Moreover the mashup scaling of the browser print wizard is very tricky !

The PRINT BUTTON extension ... does not help.

IMHO a good widget to print mashup is absolutely needed ...

4 REPLIES 4
mnarang
17-Peridot
(To:iguerra)

Current options available for this use case will only take print of the current grid view not for whole data in multiple pages as you want .This require a custom solution (Extension/Widget) which can take whole data from grid and split it into pages with a create pdf option or something 

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang 

Hi @iguerra,

You can use export widget to download your grid data as a excel sheet and then you can print it.

Regards

Saran

iguerra
14-Alexandrite

Exporting to excel and print is too "complicated", it is needed to have a spreadsheet program, moreover it probably doesn't don't keep the styles (colors, fonts) or the rows. We need to implement a simple and easy one-button-print...

We already started to develop a widget that seems to be the only solution ...

I'm surprised that thingworx doesn't have an "utility" to format and print a page with a good scaling/resizing feature, for example responsive mashups are frequently printed in a wrong scale (too big). you have to deal with browser preview options...

mnarang
17-Peridot

Till now the only way to do it is through custom widget/extension .Although taking whole grid data and printing it in a pdf or something ,this kind of request is already there with R&D .We might have a solution for this in future release .

Top Tags