cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to Create Drag-able UI Widget at Run Time ?

rmaurya-2
1-Newbie

How to Create Drag-able UI Widget at Run Time ?

Hi Team,

I am very new on thingworx platform.

I am creating an application and i have a requirement for a widget which has some functionality at run time.

I just wanted to bind data to that widget in composer and placed at one position and when i go to run our application Drag that Widget and placed at our choice and save that widget location.

i have already followed given link but i am new on thingworx platform i.e. i am unable to create that type of widget.

How to enable user customizable (drag & drop) UI widgets on a runtime mashup?   

i have implemented this feature in normal web application and able to Drag an element and save that location, but now i wanted to create this feature widget  for thingworx platfore.

i am going to attach some snapshot for my jquery application..

1st attachment is a code spinets for external jquery liberary.

2nd attachment is a code spinets for Dragable object logic.

3st attachment is a code spinets for HTML element.

4th attachment is application at run time in initial stage.

5th attachment is application at run time after dragged element.

i have already followed lot's of document but stuck at this point.

If any one have some idea around this Please help me from scratch (step wise step) and share screenshot.

Thank You all in Advance

3 REPLIES 3
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:rmaurya-2)

Hello, Ram Avadh Maurya.

I looked at the other post you referenced, and what is mentioned there is to use a Dashboard and then call the Gadget Library; this is another mashup that gets added to the Dashboard using the Dashboard property "MashupToAddGadget".

Is this the approach you have tried?

-- Craig A.

Hi Craig,

Thanks for quick response, but i don,t want to use Dashboard  widget.

I want to create my own widget which has some features and also wanted to give Drag-able features at Run Time.

So once user dragged that widget and drooped at some other location then that location has been updated.

Thanks,

Ram Avadh Maurya

I thing we can use dragable() function but i have no more idea, How to implement dragable() function in thingworx UI widget creation.

Any one could you help me about this query.

Thanks,

Ram Avadh Maurya

Top Tags