cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to Get and set user extension properties, when user reset the password from login page.

NERaj
13-Aquamarine

How to Get and set user extension properties, when user reset the password from login page.

Hello All,

Ex: get and set emailAddress property of the user

Please share some snippets or idea to solve above.

Thanks,

Nagaraj

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:NERaj)

Password has a specific service associated with it, best guess Users[UserName].UpdatePassword (maybe ChangePassword)

All other properties can be set by just using Users[UserName].UserExtensionName

Hello @NERaj,

Take a look at events on SecurityMonitor thing, such as LoginSucceeded and ApplicationKeySucceeded.

Theoretically, your subscription to ApplicationKeySucceeded should fire when the user follows the "reset password" link from the email (those resets are authenticated by temporary appkeys). From this subscription you should be able to get the reference to the user (via AppKey object) and reset the properties as required.

I haven't tried it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

/ Constantine

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:NERaj)

Hi @NERaj.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags