cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to Pass Grid Selection variable from one Mashup to another New Mashup

pchowdhury
5-Regular Member

How to Pass Grid Selection variable from one Mashup to another New Mashup

Hi TWX Gurus,

I have a typical problem-I would like to pass variables from grid(which is on one mashup screen) to another mashup, my grid is populating from database. 

1. I have tried creating variable in both the mashup & assign the variable  from DB service to navigation panel/as well to local Mashup variables property. But when double click- new mashup is coming but not able to passing values.

2. I tried with creating one thing service and assign the values to property- but that is also not working.

Can anyone please tell me - which event to fire to pass the variable to other mashup as well how to navigate.

Thanks in advance!

~PC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CharlesJi
14-Alexandrite
(To:pchowdhury)

6 REPLIES 6
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Sounds like you are using the Navigation widget to pass the information correct?

You should be able to take 'Selected Row(s)' information from the data source and pass that to the Mashup parameter of the new mashup through the Navigation widget properties (Mashup parameters will become properties after you assign the mashup to the navigation widget)

If this is not working for you, you may need to check your bindings, or show a bit more detail as to what you are doing.

pchowdhury
5-Regular Member
(To:PaiChung)

Hi Pai,

Thanks for your response! and you are right i was using navigation wizard.

However, BTT, my requirement got changed a little bit, as I found Navigation wizard is depreciated in 8.5 version. Now I am using a expression and a navigator function to  pass the decision to open a right navigation. Till this point its ok. However, now i am facing problem and not sure how to pass the value from contained mashup to the parent mashup.

I have created same variable in both the mashup, but not getting any event where I can assign child mashup variable value to parent mashup.

Really appreciate any help on this!

Thanks!

~PC

pchowdhury
5-Regular Member

Hi Pi,

Sorry for the typo in my last post on this....correcting...

Actual question is: "However, now i am facing problem and not sure how to pass the value from contained navigation mashup to the parent mashup."

Thanks!

~PC

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

There are limited ways to do the reverse.

If the navigated pop up is a pop-up it will retain the link and pass the values back.

Else you would need to use a session parameter or use a service to store the information and trigger something on the parent mashup to retrieve it.

pchowdhury
5-Regular Member
(To:PaiChung)

Hi Pai,

Thank you so much for your reply!

You said- "if the navigated pop up is a pop-up it will retain the link" .  I want to capture once pop-up and value selected. Can you please let me know how to do that.? any screen shot/any reference link would great help.

Thanks!

~PC

CharlesJi
14-Alexandrite

Top Tags