cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to add log in Expression/Validation ?

seanccc
17-Peridot

How to add log in Expression/Validation ?

Hi, 

I'd like to add some logs to expression and validation, I tried console.log() and logger.debug() , but both of them don't work.   

How should I add the logs  ? 

Regards,

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Sean,

console.log works for me, logging correctly in Chrome DevTools. If you want to log on the server side, you can call the service ApplicationLog.Write instead.

Regards,
Constantine

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:seanccc)

Hi @seanccc.

Can you provide more information regarding your use case?  What do you need to capture?

Regards.

--Sharon

seanccc
17-Peridot
(To:slangley)

@slangley ,

I want to check if the expression/validation is executed by adding the log like 'The expression xxx is being executed'  and also display the values of the input parameters in the log . 

regards,

sean

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:seanccc)

Hi @seanccc.

There isn't any logging built in today.  You could submit this as an idea on the Ideas board, which would allow others to vote on it.  With enough votes, Engineering would consider it for a future release.

As an alternative, you could feed the inputs and outputs to an external service which would be responsible for logging the needed information.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hello Sean,

console.log works for me, logging correctly in Chrome DevTools. If you want to log on the server side, you can call the service ApplicationLog.Write instead.

Regards,
Constantine

@Constantine ,

That's strange, console.log didn't work for me.  I'll try it again to see if it can work. 

Just tried it with 8.4, still works :) Here's an example.

Hi seanccc,

Maybe try the  TW.log client logger.

You can find an example in https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS306951

The output will show in the Mashup Console (ctrl+alt+F9)

seanccc
17-Peridot
(To:smainente)

@Constantine , @smainente 

Both of your approaches work !  Thank you. 

Regards,

Sean

Top Tags