cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to add users to view blog

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

How to add users to view blog

Hi,

I created a blog in a mashup, where only I am able to edit and comment on it. I dont know how to proceed further.

I want other users that I have created also to view and comment on the blog I created.

How can this be made possible?

Please provide some guidance.

Thanks,

V Shalini.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you go to the Blog Entity in Composer and then look at Services you will see all the services associated with a blog.

They will need the ability to execute certain services like: GetBlogEntriesWithComments

You should use Override for this to specifically grant these permissions.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

As with any mashup it is all about the Permissions and Visibility settings.

1. Give the users the link to your blog page

2. Make sure that those Users are in a Group that has been giving the appropriate permissions to your Blog Thing Services

Note: Do NOT give the users FULL rights because that would allow them to delete/edit

Only give them the Get services and the Add Comment services etc.

Hi PaiChung,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

But still I am not so clear about it.

should I give permissions to users like this so that they can view the blog from their credentials?

In this run time, I should be giving only Property read right? 

Hi PaiChung,

I just tried to give permissions like runtime and designtime after which,

When I logged in the User and tried to open the mashup which has the blog it shows me a status message like this: 

"Not authorized for ServiceInvoke on RequestEdit in testBlog"

How should I give authority for ServiceInvoke on RequestEdit? Should I give it in the runtime?

Please give me some idea to make it work.

If you go to the Blog Entity in Composer and then look at Services you will see all the services associated with a blog.

They will need the ability to execute certain services like: GetBlogEntriesWithComments

You should use Override for this to specifically grant these permissions.

Thanks PaiChung,

It worked for me.

Top Tags