cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to assign List widget selection to a thing property?

Kiran1
11-Garnet

How to assign List widget selection to a thing property?

I have a requirement where selection of list widget have to set as a thing property.

How can i accomplish this?

i checked but couldn't find the option to access the selection of list widget.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
amittal-3
13-Aquamarine
(To:Kiran1)

Hello Kiran,

The service with which you are binding the input data/source of your list widget, it has the event of "selectedRowsChanged". You can bind this event to make the call to your SetProperties service. I hope this should work.

Let me know if this is what you need and if it works!!

Thanks

Aditya Mittal

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

There are a few different threads about this, Selection of a data item is tracked in the Data source.

Data is showing as data/selected rows

you can grab the selection from the selected rows.

Hi Kiran,

The List widget itself doesn't send out information or property values, it is just a display tool. The value you can retrieve from the List widget is the Selected Rows field in service sending data to the widget. 

And after you made selection in List in the mashup, the selected rows field will update the data to a subscription or service you bound to the property that needs to get updated

Kiran1
11-Garnet
(To:zyuan1)

Thanks for responding.

I have assigned the selected row to setproperties method of a thing but i am exploring ways to trigger the setproperties service as soon as selection made in dropdown of list widget.

Do reply if found a solution.

Hi Kiran,

As you know, if you want to trigger a service or subscription, you need a event.

In List widget itself, it only has a DoubleClicked event, that's not very user friendly to operate the update, while you can use the event from service side, SelectedRowsChanged event. If you selected a new value in the list, this event can trigger you update service

Attach image.  The image is too large to paste in the text

amittal-3
13-Aquamarine

Hello Kiran,

The service with which you are binding the input data/source of your list widget, it has the event of "selectedRowsChanged". You can bind this event to make the call to your SetProperties service. I hope this should work.

Let me know if this is what you need and if it works!!

Thanks

Aditya Mittal

Hi Kiran,

If this solution works for you, please mark it as correct so that we can put an end to the thread.

Top Tags