cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to build Time series chart

leokeinsfeld
13-Aquamarine

How to build Time series chart

Hello everyone,

I have TAGs from a PLC and they are already in my foundation within a Thing.

I would like to associate a set of these variables to a time series graph.

I have four variables referring to the OEE of each production line in my factory.

So far I only know how to use the getproperties service but I know that to do this I need to use querypropertyhistory.

How do I bind these variables that I have inside a thing for an infotable to later link to the chart?

I already looked at the guide that talks about it, but I was not able to make it work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:leokeinsfeld)

To retain history for a graph, the easiest way is to set the property aspect 'Logged' to true.

Next make sure you have a ValueStream created and associated with either the ThingTemplate or the Thing itself

Now when updates come in, they will not only display real time (getproperties) but also get written to your valuestream. In your mashup you can now use QueryPropertyHistory or similar to display that data in your timeseries chart.

I recommend you browse our online learning catalog, as I am fairly sure this is covered in some of our Thingworx intro courses.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:leokeinsfeld)

To retain history for a graph, the easiest way is to set the property aspect 'Logged' to true.

Next make sure you have a ValueStream created and associated with either the ThingTemplate or the Thing itself

Now when updates come in, they will not only display real time (getproperties) but also get written to your valuestream. In your mashup you can now use QueryPropertyHistory or similar to display that data in your timeseries chart.

I recommend you browse our online learning catalog, as I am fairly sure this is covered in some of our Thingworx intro courses.

leokeinsfeld
13-Aquamarine
(To:PaiChung)

thank you @PaiChung 

It helped me!

Top Tags