cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to change session timeout setting just for a single user?

njain-31
5-Regular Member

How to change session timeout setting just for a single user?

I followed below steps:
Subsystems -> UserManagementSubsystem -> Configuration, there is a setting called 'Idle Session Timeout'. The default value is 30 minutes. Set it to desired time > Restart Tomcat .

but this change the session timeout for all the users, I am only looking to change it for a single user.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can have a custom user property setting with the timeout and another property with last operation (that you will need to update each time the user interacts with the server), and a timer that every minute (for instance) checks for logged in users (GetActiveUsers), and for those which are logged check the timeout setting and execute TerminateUserSessions accordingly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:njain-31)

Hi @njain-31.

There currently is no mechanism for setting the session timeout for selected users.  It's a global setting.

Regards.

--Sharon

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

njain-31
5-Regular Member
(To:slangley)

Can you assist me with possible ways to keep User logged in session alive for log time.
Will external application like auto click on web page can work?

You can have a custom user property setting with the timeout and another property with last operation (that you will need to update each time the user interacts with the server), and a timer that every minute (for instance) checks for logged in users (GetActiveUsers), and for those which are logged check the timeout setting and execute TerminateUserSessions accordingly.

Top Tags