cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to configure dropdown widget to get the desired output

Rayon_11
10-Marble

How to configure dropdown widget to get the desired output

Hi All,

I have a doubt like suppose I have a dropdown widget and I want to configure it in a way so that When I select dropdown option and click the button  then the data associated to that dropdown option should come in grid chart and  also if possible data should come in pie chart as well I have taken a sample data and attaching that Image as well 

Problem description: Suppose I have a list of countries I have taken 4 but in real time it could be many and Each countries of different data like for eg: State, Population, Language, Gender ratio, and so on now when User select any country from dropdown data should come in grid and if possible I can aslo display some data like state wise population in pie chart so to implement this kind of functionality what should I have to do please guide me I am new and exploring all these things and your help would be appreciated 

Best Regards,

Rayon.

2 REPLIES 2

@Rayon_11 ,

You can use the SelectedRows value that is returned from your service that populates the countries into your dropdown.  For example, if you have two services called GetCountriesForDropdown and GetPieChartDataForACountry:

Connect the SelectedRows output (or a field from that infotable) of GetCountriesForDropdown to the input of GetPieChartDataForACountry.  When you click your button, the Clicked event should run the GetPieChartDataForACountry service.  Let me know if that helps. 

- Nick

Hello @Rayon_11 ,
I am not clear on all the aspects you are trying to accomplish.
Using the image you provided, I created an example which does some of what you are looking to accomplish. Please look at my example, review Community-DropDown-Grid-V2-Project mashup

Let me know if you have questions.

Have fun.

Pehowe

Top Tags