cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How to connect Oracle Data Warehouse from Thingworx Platform

Siddharth_Jhs
14-Alexandrite

How to connect Oracle Data Warehouse from Thingworx Platform

Hello All,

I have a requirement to query data from Oracle Data Warehouse to Thingworx Platform. Any interface connectivity like ODI or JDBC example exists which I can leverage in my solution. Any leads would be appreciated. 

Regards,

Sid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I haven't seen any recent ones, but you should be able to make an extension for this, allowing you to connect using the 'Database Thing/ThingTemplate' within ThingWorx.

The 'hack' would be to drop the appropriate jdbc jar file in the Tomcat inf folder

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I haven't seen any recent ones, but you should be able to make an extension for this, allowing you to connect using the 'Database Thing/ThingTemplate' within ThingWorx.

The 'hack' would be to drop the appropriate jdbc jar file in the Tomcat inf folder

Siddharth_Jhs
14-Alexandrite
(To:PaiChung)

Could you please provide me any sample example to create database extension. 

Thanks,

Sid

Hi @Siddharth_Jhs.

Here are the instructions for creating an extension.  ThingWorx also offers the ability to configure access to an external database without the need to create an extension.  

Regards.

--Sharon

Siddharth_Jhs
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

Hi Sharon,

I used following steps to deploy Oracle JDBC jar and create database but I am not able to connect. Could you please help. 

Step 1 : Downloaded JDBC Jar file from Oracle : https://www.oracle.com/in/database/technologies/appdev/jdbc-downloads.html 

Step 2 : Deployed "ojdbc10.jar" in  following folder "-\Thingworx9\tomcat\apache-tomcat-9.0.63\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\lib" and restarted Tomcat. 

Step 3 : Created OracleDatabase Thing with following configuration : 

JDBC Driver Class Name
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

JDBC Connection String
jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:orcl

connectionValidationString
SELECT GETDATE() AS 'current datetime';

Database User Name
SYSTEM

Database Password
Passwordxxx

Still it is showing not connected. Please let me know if I am missing something. 

Regards,

Sid

Please ignore my previous comment. My Oracle connectionString was not properly formed because of that it was giving error. I am able to connect now. 

Thanks,

Sid

Top Tags