cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to connect Oracle Data Warehouse from Thingworx Platform

Siddharth_Jhs
14-Alexandrite

How to connect Oracle Data Warehouse from Thingworx Platform

Hello All,

I have a requirement to query data from Oracle Data Warehouse to Thingworx Platform. Any interface connectivity like ODI or JDBC example exists which I can leverage in my solution. Any leads would be appreciated. 

Regards,

Sid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I haven't seen any recent ones, but you should be able to make an extension for this, allowing you to connect using the 'Database Thing/ThingTemplate' within ThingWorx.

The 'hack' would be to drop the appropriate jdbc jar file in the Tomcat inf folder

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I haven't seen any recent ones, but you should be able to make an extension for this, allowing you to connect using the 'Database Thing/ThingTemplate' within ThingWorx.

The 'hack' would be to drop the appropriate jdbc jar file in the Tomcat inf folder

Siddharth_Jhs
14-Alexandrite
(To:PaiChung)

Could you please provide me any sample example to create database extension. 

Thanks,

Sid

Hi @Siddharth_Jhs.

Here are the instructions for creating an extension.  ThingWorx also offers the ability to configure access to an external database without the need to create an extension.  

Regards.

--Sharon

Siddharth_Jhs
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

Hi Sharon,

I used following steps to deploy Oracle JDBC jar and create database but I am not able to connect. Could you please help. 

Step 1 : Downloaded JDBC Jar file from Oracle : https://www.oracle.com/in/database/technologies/appdev/jdbc-downloads.html 

Step 2 : Deployed "ojdbc10.jar" in  following folder "-\Thingworx9\tomcat\apache-tomcat-9.0.63\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\lib" and restarted Tomcat. 

Step 3 : Created OracleDatabase Thing with following configuration : 

JDBC Driver Class Name
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

JDBC Connection String
jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:orcl

connectionValidationString
SELECT GETDATE() AS 'current datetime';

Database User Name
SYSTEM

Database Password
Passwordxxx

Still it is showing not connected. Please let me know if I am missing something. 

Regards,

Sid

Please ignore my previous comment. My Oracle connectionString was not properly formed because of that it was giving error. I am able to connect now. 

Thanks,

Sid

Top Tags