cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to create User using service by using non administrator user Log in?

DT_9697337
6-Contributor

How to create User using service by using non administrator user Log in?

Hi 

I have created a non administrator user ("SuperAdmin") by using administrator in composer. Now I want to create a user by using SuperAdmin when SuperAdmin Logged In into Organization URL.

I have created a service which created a user and assign to a particular group.

I have given a Visiblity and RunTime permission to User group where the user is present.

I'm trying to create user using SuperAdmin Its gives me below error,please suggest right way

Execution error in service script [addAdminUser] :: Import Failed: Not authorized for Create

Appreciated if any response from you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The permission on Entity Service is fine but your non admin user will need one more permission and that is design time permission on user collection. You need to add your non admin user here as well

mnarang_0-1607513875227.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CreateUser is a service in EntityService resource, so first of all your non admin user should have run time permissions on entity service resource. Except this as this is user creation, your non admin user should also have design time permission on user collection in ThingWorx. If you have these two permission it will allow to create a new user. Let me know if you need screenshots of all the req permissions.

DT_9697337
6-Contributor
(To:mnarang)

Hi @mnarang 

I have one non admin user called "superadmin" and this user is under the super Admin group. So i have gave a visibility,RunTime and DesignTime permission to Entity Services, but still i'm getting below application log error.

Execution error in service script [addAdminUser] :: Import Failed: Not authorized for Create

I have attached the create thingworx user javascript program please check attachment.I dont know where i was wrong. Please suggest the right way.

The permission on Entity Service is fine but your non admin user will need one more permission and that is design time permission on user collection. You need to add your non admin user here as well

mnarang_0-1607513875227.png

DT_9697337
6-Contributor
(To:mnarang)

@mnarang Thanks for your help,It work
I gave a collection permission to users i.e Create 

Its working now for create user.
But, 

I am using thingworx 9.0 trial version 90days which allow only 10 users to create
But we have only 6 users are created and it didn't allow us to create the remaining 4 users.

Giving me another error which shown below.

Import Failed: The allowable limit for licensed feature User has been reached. Your license does not allow you to create any additional Users."
I have checked the GetEntity service which gives all users list that already stored deleted user which I created last time. All deleted users not present in the user list, How we can remove this all users list which is not present in the user list. I have attached screenshots please check.
Do you have any ideas please let me know?

Thanks

Top Tags