cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to create a custom channel in PAT(Protocal Adapter Toolkits) ?

seanccc
17-Peridot

How to create a custom channel in PAT(Protocal Adapter Toolkits) ?

Hi, 

The device I need to connect sents out its data via TCP socket request, not websocket request.  My idea is to use PAT to get the data. PAT supports websocket by default,  I can wrap the tcp packet as websocket request ( or any other channel PAT supports ) then sent it to PAT, but the more straightforward way is to create a custom Channel in PAT I think.   

But I don't know how to register a custom Channel and how to config it in connector.conf .  Is there a guide for creating custom channel ? 

Regards,

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Sean,

Thanks for reaching out on the ThingWorx Developer Community.

Looking into this there is a section of the ThingWorx Protocol Adapter Toolkit Developer's Guide which describes the creation of a custom channel. Please refer to the "Developing a Custom Channel" section on Page 46 of the guide.

Hopefully this gets you started with what you're looking for.

Regards,

Tyler Misner

ThingWorx Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello Sean,

Thanks for reaching out on the ThingWorx Developer Community.

Looking into this there is a section of the ThingWorx Protocol Adapter Toolkit Developer's Guide which describes the creation of a custom channel. Please refer to the "Developing a Custom Channel" section on Page 46 of the guide.

Hopefully this gets you started with what you're looking for.

Regards,

Tyler Misner

ThingWorx Technical Support Engineer

Top Tags