cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to create any simple mashup widget extension

P_10844769
5-Regular Member

How to create any simple mashup widget extension

Hi,

I am creating any simple mashup widget extension and would appreciate some guidance on getting started.

Can someone please help me in this (Please provide steps it will be helpful for me)

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:P_10844769)

tl;dr: read the manual which states to use 'Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers'

I did try to get it running for 1 hour now with different eclipse versions and always got the same error like you. Now I tried the latest eclipse enterprise edition (eclipse-jee-2023-09-R-win32-x86_64) and it worked just fine. Before I used the default version of eclipse (not what the manual said).

On https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/ the "Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java and Web Developers".

Hope that helps you as well!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
P_10844769
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Hello @VladimirN ,

Thank you for solution.

I will check it.

P_10844769
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Hi @VladimirN ,

I am following steps for developing widget extension.
While working on it, getting error and unable to understand it.
can you please help me in this.

Please find attached screenshot

P_10844769_0-1699701530265.png

Thanks.

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

Seems to be an issue with the ThingWorx plugin and the ecplise version used. Not sure if you need a specific version of eclipse?

If you like you could download a working extension project and follow the tutorial further (which will have different content but principles should be the same) e.g. https://github.com/doubleSlashde/InfotableInspectorWidgetTWX Import as gradle project into eclipse

P_10844769
5-Regular Member
(To:nmutter)

Hi @nmutter ,

I have changed eclipse version and taken latest extension sdk and plugin zip files but still getting same error.
If anyone knows anything about it please let me know as soon as possible.
I have used Gradle as a build framework in eclipse and getting this error in error log.

P_10844769_0-1700197800121.png

Thanks.

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

tl;dr: read the manual which states to use 'Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers'

I did try to get it running for 1 hour now with different eclipse versions and always got the same error like you. Now I tried the latest eclipse enterprise edition (eclipse-jee-2023-09-R-win32-x86_64) and it worked just fine. Before I used the default version of eclipse (not what the manual said).

On https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/ the "Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java and Web Developers".

Hope that helps you as well!

P_10844769
5-Regular Member
(To:nmutter)

Hi @nmutter ,

Thank you for solution.

It's working for me also.

Top Tags