cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to display GLTF 3D model in ThingWorx 8.2?

Prem-IKEA
12-Amethyst

How to display GLTF 3D model in ThingWorx 8.2?

Hello,

Im using ThingWorx 8.2 version and the requirement is to display obj & gltf 3D model in a mashup. I downloaded three model viewer from PTC market place which helps me to display obj format but it is not supporting gltf format.

Please help me how to display GLTF 3D model? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:Prem-IKEA)

@Prem-IKEA Is there any error message you are getting in logs or UI while using GLTF files ?

-Durgesh

Prem-IKEA
12-Amethyst
(To:dupatel)

No messages in logs or errors. I have included the screenshots and piece of code used to display GLTF 3D model in ThingView Widget.

3D model files are placed in system repository and loaded via service.please find the screenshots for reference.

OBJ 3D models are displayed via threemodelviewer which is downloaded from PTC market place. This extension is not supporting GLTF thats why trying to load GLTF in ThingView widget. I have sample GLTF file used for this example with reply. Please help.

mashupruntime.pngThreeModelViewer.pngThingView.pngservice.png

Prem-IKEA
12-Amethyst
(To:dupatel)

I am not to attach .gltf file in this forum please pm or share your email id ill send separately. 

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Prem-IKEA)

Hi @Prem-IKEA.

Make sure you are logged in.  You'll have to save the contents to a file and attach it that way instead of trying to use copy/paste.  If you still need to email the attachment, you can click the link for @dupatel in one of the previous posts and you will have an email option available.  Again, you need to be logged in.

Regards.

--Sharon

Prem-IKEA
12-Amethyst
(To:slangley)

Ok, Thank you!

GLTF file format was not supported.

Top Tags