cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to display multiple values , when you select multiple rows from grid?

shindemayur
13-Aquamarine

How to display multiple values , when you select multiple rows from grid?

Hello,

I am displaying some Windchill part information in my mashup on grid. There are many rows in grid with column name as :- name , number , state and version.

I am able to select multiple rows using  ctrl + mouse click.  After selecting multiple rows, I want every Image associated with that particular part should be displayed beside the grid.

I have drag a Image widget . I am able to display Image after selecting single row.

I tried using collection and repeater , but can't able understand how to use them.

Below I am providing an Image , which illustrate ,how my output should be .

When I select 3 rows or more , an Image should be displayed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
statka
12-Amethyst
(To:shindemayur)

Hello @shindemayur,

I put together a quick example that shows how the Selected Row(s) return from the service can be used to handle a scenario like this.  The example I provided includes a mashup that displays all Thing entities in your environment.  The grid on the left side of the mashup will show all of the entities and allows multi selects.  The grid on the right will show all of the rows that you select on the left.  Initially, it will appear blank, but as you make selections, it should start to display data.  This should give you an idea of how this return can be used, and can be adapted to your scenario as well.  Please review this and let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Stefan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Just allow multi-select on the Grid, and bind Selected Rows to a service that returns the Infotable with the images an other information.

For the right panel (the one with images and other widgets) use a Repeater widget with the output of the previous service.

@CarlesColl  Thanks you,

but , can you elaborate your answer with an example?

Because I am not much experienced person in this field.

statka
12-Amethyst
(To:shindemayur)

Hello @shindemayur,

I put together a quick example that shows how the Selected Row(s) return from the service can be used to handle a scenario like this.  The example I provided includes a mashup that displays all Thing entities in your environment.  The grid on the left side of the mashup will show all of the entities and allows multi selects.  The grid on the right will show all of the rows that you select on the left.  Initially, it will appear blank, but as you make selections, it should start to display data.  This should give you an idea of how this return can be used, and can be adapted to your scenario as well.  Please review this and let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Stefan

Top Tags