cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to download Image displayed on mashup in PDF format?

shindemayur
13-Aquamarine

How to download Image displayed on mashup in PDF format?

Hello,

I am displaying some Windchill Part And Cad Drawing on mashup. I want to give a option to download all displayed Imaged in PDF format.

How can I acheive this?

I am using Thingworx 8.2+

I dont want a screenshot of mashup, because I am displaying image in Repeater. Is their any way I can download All Image ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @shindemayur.

After further testing, it was determined that an issue exists with the latest versions of ThingWorx.  We have opened an internal case, however, since this is not a supported extension, there is no guarantee that it will be addressed.

If we receive any further information, we will post it here.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:shindemayur)

Hi @shindemayur.

Have you taken a look at the PDF extension available on the marketplace?

Regards.

--Sharon

shindemayur
13-Aquamarine

Hello @slangley ,

Yes I tried to use PDF Extension, but as it's mentions that it take  screenshot of whole mashup.

I  don't want whole mashup.

Also, When I tried to run "create PDF" service , it gives error .

Error: Unable to Invoke Service CreatePDF on PDFExport .

Also, I want to download only  the Image of mashup not whole mashup, because mashup does contained a grid widget.

Hello @slangley and  PaiChung

can you help me?

I am using Thingworx 8.3.

I just imported the PDF extension.

but when I try to run the "create service " from PDF Export, it gives following error,

Unable to Invoke Service CreatePDF on PDFExport : Element not found or does not exist. For documentation on this error, please visit: http://seleniumhq.org/exceptions/no_such_element.html Build info: version: '2.52.0', revision: '4c2593cfc3689a7fcd7be52549167e5ccc93ad28', time: '2016-02-11 11:22:43' System info: host: 'GT041', ip: '172.16.0.41', os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '6.1', java.version: '1.8.0_191' Driver info: driver.version: unknown For documentation on this error, please visit: http://seleniumhq.org/exceptions/no_such_element.html Build info: version: '2.52.0', revision: '4c2593cfc3689a7fcd7be52549167e5ccc93ad28', time: '2016-02-11 11:22:43' System info: host: 'GT041', ip: '172.16.0.41', os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '6.1', java.version: '1.8.0_191' Driver info: driver.version: JBrowserDriver

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @shindemayur.

I tested the extension under ThingWorx 8.3.4 and received the same error, but then realized I wasn't passing the input set.   How are you testing?

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @shindemayur.

After further testing, it was determined that an issue exists with the latest versions of ThingWorx.  We have opened an internal case, however, since this is not a supported extension, there is no guarantee that it will be addressed.

If we receive any further information, we will post it here.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @shindemayur.

An idea has been posted at https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Ideas/Export-a-Data-table-in-PDF-formate/idi-p/623316 for adding the ability to export in a PDF format.  While I realize this isn't the same use case as yours, you may want to consider voting for the idea to raise awareness of the need for this functionality.  The more votes received, the greater the likelihood that it will be included in a future release.

Feel free to also post your own idea covering your use case for others to vote on.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags