cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to download the security management tool for evaluation?

memelet
5-Regular Member

How to download the security management tool for evaluation?

I'm trying to encrypt the rabbitmq password as specified by https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_analytics_8/index.html#page/analytics/configure_property_transform_settings_linux.html#wwID0EA23O

But when I try to download the tool I get 

"You are currently setup with a Basic PTC.com Account that does not provide access to this area of eSupport..."

Is there another way to get the tool? Or can I just use the clear text password instead of 

"encrypt.propertytransform.password"

1 REPLY 1

Hello memelet,

Thank you for reaching out on the ThingWorx Developer Community.

To obtain a copy of the ThingWorx Security Management Tool on an evaluation basis you will need to reach out to a PTC Sales contact. Have you been in contact with someone in Sales previously? If so please reach out to them directly. If not please private message me directly with your Contact Details along with the associated PTC Customer number.

Regarding the potential of using an unencrypted value you are welcome to give this a try for testing but is not secure and encrypted values should be used in Production.

Regards,

Tyler Misner

ThingWorx Technical Support Engineer

Top Tags