cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to get active directory group name for mapping?

lpthingworx
1-Newbie

How to get active directory group name for mapping?

Hi,

I am trying to map AD group with thingworx group. But dropdown for "Active Directory Group Name" is disabled and not allowing to select or enter anything.

How to enable this dropdown?

Thanks,

Lalit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:lpthingworx)

Lalit Prajapati​,

It works fine for me and I can select the user groups too.

Try running the GetDomainGroups Service and see if it returns the Group names.

If it returns an error; it means that your AD configuration is not correct. Try re-entering the Administrative Password.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi Lalit, could you check the complete steps listed here https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS221840&lang=en_US

Issue could be with the mapping.

Hi Sushant,

I am following the same document but there is no such details regarding group mappings.

Thanks,

Lalit

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

Hi Lalit,

It seems this is not possible to configure in ThingWorx side, please check this article:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS245294&lang=en_US

Hope this helps,

Br,

Anna

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:AnnaAn)

Anna An​ you are right thanks for highlighting this. Lalit Prajapati​ which version of ThingWorx are you on? Because as mentioned by Anna this is indeed a bug however it's now fixed in ThingWorx 7.3, i just checked the Jira for status update.

Hi Anna,

I am using ThingWorx 7.3.3-b67 and this version supports group to group mapping.

Thanks,

Lalit

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

Dear Lalit Prajapati,

Sorry for the late reply.

I did a test against ThingWorx 7.3 and I also got the same issue - the dropdown list for AD user group is not selectable.

I will post a comment in the old Jira ticket to confirm if this issue is addressed and fixed in ThingWorx 7.3.

I will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Br,

Anna

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Lalit Prajapati​,

It works fine for me and I can select the user groups too.

Try running the GetDomainGroups Service and see if it returns the Group names.

If it returns an error; it means that your AD configuration is not correct. Try re-entering the Administrative Password.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine
(To:ankigupta)

Hi Ankit,

It works for me too after executing the GetDomainGroups service.

Lalit Prajapati

Please verify it on your end as Ankit suggested.

Thanks,

Br,

Anna

Hello Ankit,

Thanks for the solution.

I have executed GetDomainGroups service and getting following error: Unable to Invoke Service GetDomainGroups on IS.DirectoryService : SEQUENCE too long.

Do you have any idea about this error?

Thanks,

Lalit

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Lalit Prajapati​,

I have not seen this error before. But just a guess; is some Group name too long?

posipova
20-Turquoise

Done some online research, found this grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Error provisioning large (>300K members) group - arc

"We've progressed our Grouper installation into production but have been hitting the following error when attempting to provision a particular group with both bulkSync and sync.

It looks like a buffer overflow somewhere. On the assumption that we're not the only people using Grouper with similarly large groups has anyone else seen this behaviour and is there any further tuning we can do to resolve it?

We do have another group (ALUM) which is slightly smaller at around 250,000 members which was provisioned successfully. Another worry is what would happen if this other group were to grow to a similar size to the APPS group.

Finally on an unrelated note we're probably getting close to being in a state to do some sort of write-up of our deployment for the Grouper wiki. What's the procedure for getting this sorted out?

Kind regards,

Mark

2015-03-04 13:00:31,326: [main] WARN AbstractLdap.operationRetry(1105) - - Error performing LDAP operation, retrying (attempt 0)
javax.naming.CommunicationException: SEQUENCE too long [Root exception is com.sun.jndi.ldap.Ber$EncodeException: SEQUENCE too long]; remaining name 'cn=APP,ou=affiliations,ou=grouper2,dc=authorise,dc=ed,dc=ac,dc=uk'
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_createSubcontext(LdapCtx.java:845)
at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_createSubcontext(ComponentDirContext.java:341)
at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.createSubcontext(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:268)
at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.createSubcontext(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:256)
at edu.vt.middleware.ldap.AbstractLdap.create(AbstractLdap.java:882)
at edu.vt.middleware.ldap.Ldap.create(Ldap.java:673)
at edu.internet2.middleware.psp.ldap.LdapSpmlTarget.execute(LdapSpmlTarget.java:257)
at edu.internet2.middleware.psp.spml.provider.BaseSpmlProvider.execute(BaseSpmlProvider.java:177)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
at edu.internet2.middleware.psp.spml.provider.BaseSpmlProvider.execute(BaseSpmlProvider.java:123)
at edu.internet2.middleware.psp.Psp.execute(Psp.java:456)
at edu.internet2.middleware.psp.spml.provider.BaseSpmlProvider.execute(BaseSpmlProvider.java:177)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at edu.internet2.middleware.psp.spml.provider.BaseSpmlProvider.execute(BaseSpmlProvider.java:123)
at edu.internet2.middleware.psp.Psp.execute(Psp.java:1502)
at edu.internet2.middleware.psp.Psp.execute(Psp.java:1441)
at edu.internet2.middleware.psp.Psp.execute(Psp.java:879)
at edu.internet2.middleware.psp.Psp.execute(Psp.java:800)
at edu.internet2.middleware.psp.PspCLI.run(PspCLI.java:138)
at edu.internet2.middleware.psp.PspCLI.main(PspCLI.java:84)
at edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.app.gsh.GrouperShell.handleSpecialCase(GrouperShell.java:204)
at edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.app.gsh.GrouperShell.main(GrouperShell.java:144)
at edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.app.gsh.GrouperShellWrapper.main(GrouperShellWrapper.java:31)
Caused by: com.sun.jndi.ldap.Ber$EncodeException: SEQUENCE too long
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.BerEncoder.endSeq(BerEncoder.java:179)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapClient.encodeAttribute(LdapClient.java:987)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapClient.add(LdapClient.java:1032)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_createSubcontext(LdapCtx.java:808)
... 37 more
2015-03-04 13:00:32,603: [main] ERROR BaseSpmlProvider.execute(188) - - Target 'ldap' - Add AddResponse[pso=<null>,status=failure,error=customError,errorMessages={SEQUENCE too long},requestID=2015/03/04-11:34:40.199]
2015-03-04 13:00:32,603: [main] ERROR BaseSpmlProvider.execute(190) - - Target 'ldap' - Add XML:
<addResponse xmlns='urn:oasis:names:tc:SPML:2:0' status='failure' requestID='2015/03/04-11:34:40.199' error='customError'>
<errorMessage>SEQUENCE too long</errorMessage>
</addResponse>

2015-03-04 13:00:32,604: [main] ERROR BaseSpmlProvider.execute(188) - - Target 'psp' - Add AddResponse[pso=<null>,status=failure,error=customError,errorMessages={SEQUENCE too long},requestID=2015/03/04-11:34:40.199]
2015-03-04 13:00:32,604: [main] ERROR BaseSpmlProvider.execute(190) - - Target 'psp' - Add XML:
<addResponse xmlns='urn:oasis:names:tc:SPML:2:0' status='failure' requestID='2015/03/04-11:34:40.199' error='customError'>

posipova
20-Turquoise

To clarify, this refers to the byte size rather than the group size. That being the case it doesn't seem as a feasible solution to display such a size of data.

Top Tags