cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to get an alert-summary for all the Things

tcoufal
12-Amethyst

How to get an alert-summary for all the Things

Hi Guys,

I have a simple question. I would like to create a dashboard mashup which would notify me on existing alerts (via repeater widget I guess). Very same as the Alert Summary monitor in ThingWorx itself.

But the service GetAlertSummary is Thing-driven (referenced). So far as I know there's no service which would return all the active alerts for all the Things implemented. Or is there? What is the best practice solution for this. With performance in mind?

Thanks a lot for any input.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Just reverse engineer the OOTB Alerts mashup... find the System Mashup MonitoringAlertSummary and duplicate it... now you can see all of the services that uses. The main one is QueryAlertSummary which isn't Thing Based, but you do have options for acknowledged or not...

The Alert History mashup uses the service QueryAlertHistory..

Hope this helps

regards

Ian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi

Just reverse engineer the OOTB Alerts mashup... find the System Mashup MonitoringAlertSummary and duplicate it... now you can see all of the services that uses. The main one is QueryAlertSummary which isn't Thing Based, but you do have options for acknowledged or not...

The Alert History mashup uses the service QueryAlertHistory..

Hope this helps

regards

Ian

tcoufal
12-Amethyst
(To:tcoufal)

Thanks,

very useful. I completely forgot that I can salvage a system mashups.

Top Tags