cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to get live time display on mashup runtime

SaranKarthick
16-Pearl

How to get live time display on mashup runtime

Hi developers,

I'm trying to get date and time on my mashup home page. How to get the time dynamically ?

I had written a service which gives the date and time as outputs. Should i use refresh widget for this or is there any ootb services available. I wanted to refrain from using refresh widget because i believe if the service runs into an error then the server would be flooded with logs since it will be executed in regular time intervals.

I'm using TWX 8.2 version. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Saran

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No problem to do that, just use te expression widget mentioned before as the input of two ValueDisplay Widgets (one for the date an the other for the time), never format user browser DateTime at server side - server side could be on a different TimeZone than user browser ;) -

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You don't need server side service for that, jus use expression widget that returns new Date() and a AutoRefresh widget that triggers the expression.

Hi @CarlesColl,

Thanks for your reply. The time and date will be represented in the mashup as shown below. If i use expression with newDate() it would give a string that should be broken down to be used, which my service is doing. So there is no ootb widgets for this purpose other than expression widget.

Regards,

Saran

The image seems to be broken.

This is how i would represent the date and time:

Date : 09/06/2018          Time : 16:51

No problem to do that, just use te expression widget mentioned before as the input of two ValueDisplay Widgets (one for the date an the other for the time), never format user browser DateTime at server side - server side could be on a different TimeZone than user browser ;) -

Announcements

Top Tags