cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to hide/display data in a Time Series Chart in Thingworx

bitentf
11-Garnet

How to hide/display data in a Time Series Chart in Thingworx

How can we hide/display data in a Time Series Chart in Thingworx during runtime? 
e.g.: I want the users to be able to toggle on/off the Turbidity_Sense_2,  Turbidity_Sense_3 and etc from the chart below.

Note: I know I can write a service to remove/add the values to the input table (data source) that is building this chart. I wonder if there's a better/easier way of doing that.

image (1).png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
statka
12-Amethyst
(To:bitentf)

Hello @bitentf,

Have you tried the Custom Chart Widgets extension, which is available through the ThingWorx Marketplace?  This extension package contains updated versions of various chart widgets, including the Time Series Chart.  One of the improvements to the widget is the ability to toggle series on and off at runtime using the legend.  Here is a screenshot showing this feature in action.  Note that the blue colored Series 1 has been hidden from view.  Clicking on the series name in the legend toggles visibility.

TimeSeriesChartExample.jpg

If you are interested in trying this extension, here is a link to it's overview page on the ThingWorx Marketplace:

Custom Chart Widgets v3.0.2

Regards,

Stefan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @bitentf.

Thank you for your post.  We are attempting to locate a resource for responding to your question.

Regards.

--Sharon

statka
12-Amethyst

Hello @bitentf,

Have you tried the Custom Chart Widgets extension, which is available through the ThingWorx Marketplace?  This extension package contains updated versions of various chart widgets, including the Time Series Chart.  One of the improvements to the widget is the ability to toggle series on and off at runtime using the legend.  Here is a screenshot showing this feature in action.  Note that the blue colored Series 1 has been hidden from view.  Clicking on the series name in the legend toggles visibility.

TimeSeriesChartExample.jpg

If you are interested in trying this extension, here is a link to it's overview page on the ThingWorx Marketplace:

Custom Chart Widgets v3.0.2

Regards,

Stefan

Top Tags