Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make the mashup screen more responsive

Level 8

How to make the mashup screen more responsive

Here, the problem is with placing widgets on the layout through panel widgets and thus that widget becomes non_responsive and we are having to position those widgets in accordance with the screen resolution chosen.  It would be helpful if someone could give some inputs on making the mashup screen more responsive.

17 REPLIES 17

Re: How to make the mashup screen more responsive

is it possible to only use Layout widget?

no..coz..when u go for using widgets like value display or label or led display widgets, panel widget usage becomes necessary..

In ThingWorx, Label and LED Display must be placed in Panel, Value Display can be placed in Layout.

Can you share some screen to show your target design?

Yeah..That's what i meant to ask..viz., there are some widgets which might be essential in the mashup portion to be positioned responsively, but they could be placed only over the panel and thus the mashup portion is made non-responsive. Is there any other way to make the mashup portion responsive eventhough widgets are placed over the panel in that portion??

I am afraid you need to use layout widget firstly to get resposive portion and place those widgets bound with a panel widget.

yeah, that's what has already been done and that's where the responsiveness issue comes in. Because, the responsive widget placed over another responsive widget makes it non-responsive.

Hi

With your widgets that need to be on a panel, have you tried using a panel on a panel? 

In your case I would make use of the layout widget as well as the panel on panel method.

regards

I have tried panel on the panel method, but it's worse than before. And it still doesn't resolve the issue.

Would you mind sending a screenshot of what it is you are trying to make more responsive, if i have a better idea of it, I can try and make my answers more specific.

Regards