cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to pass mashup parameter to dynamically binded target mashup in Navigation function

VK_10159720
7-Bedrock

How to pass mashup parameter to dynamically binded target mashup in Navigation function

Hi Developers,

I have a Navigation function where target mashup is dynamically binded and is coming from previous mashup.

Now i need to send few parameters to target mashup but since it is dynamically binded, mashup parameter of target mashup won't appear.

Kindly suggest.  Also use of Session parameter cannot be used here.

Thanks In Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jensc
17-Peridot
(To:VK_10159720)

Hello,

The way we have solved this for our "contained mashups" is to use a "dummy" mashup as a default mashup with any parameters we want to pass into the dynamic mashups.

So your dummy mashup and the dynamic mashups would have the same parameters, this will allow you to bind your values and they will get passed into your dynamic mashup as well.

However I am not sure if this will also work with the navigation function, but perhaps you can try it out.

Regards,

Jens

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jensc
17-Peridot
(To:VK_10159720)

Hello,

The way we have solved this for our "contained mashups" is to use a "dummy" mashup as a default mashup with any parameters we want to pass into the dynamic mashups.

So your dummy mashup and the dynamic mashups would have the same parameters, this will allow you to bind your values and they will get passed into your dynamic mashup as well.

However I am not sure if this will also work with the navigation function, but perhaps you can try it out.

Regards,

Jens

HI @jensc 

Thanks for your response. I tried this, but unfortunately it didn't work for Navigation widget.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestion.

Hello @VK_10159720

Can you please refer to this Article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS246452 and let me know if that works for you. If not can you please send me the Demo mashup of what you are trying to create. 

Waiting for your kind reply. 

Thanks & Regards, 

Surbhi Patel 

Hi @jensc 

This wasn't working earlier but i tried deleting Navigation function and re created it. It is now working now.

I used a dummy mashup with a new mashup parameter and then created same parameter on child and binded default value of it.

Had to create another parameter but it didn't work, but recreating Navigation function again with 2 parameters worked.

Its a bit tiring to recreate Navigation function, but its working that way.

Thanks everyone for their comments and suggestions

Hello,

I assume that all your target mashups have the same set of parameters. Then you can start with binding one of them statically in your Navigation function first and binding mashup parameters. After that, once you binded Navigation parameters (with static mashup!) you create the binding for the mashup name for Navigation function. This way you can have a dynamic mashup name AND pass the parameters.

/ Constantine

Top Tags